Anyone can build a pretty house with a tantalizing design and list it on a site like Airbnb. Since home-sharing has become a significant trend in the housing and real estate markets, creating properties that will stand out from the all-white interiors and neutral barn houses has become a challenge, but it also opens up a world of possibilities for real estate developers and investors. And now that the United States is opening up again, Airbnb is projected to bounce back even a little, so now may be a good time to invest in a property that you can rent out not just to tenants but also to travelers.
If you are thinking of listing a property on Airbnb and want it to stand out from other properties, here are some design ideas you can explore and pointers you cannot neglect.
Health as a concept
One of the design ideas you can explore is an all-healthy Airbnb, with the whole property encouraging guests and tenants to be healthy physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. Here are some ideas to get this concept off the ground:
- Consider planting a farm filled with fresh produce that your tenants can pluck and cook themselves. Fill the garden with lush vegetation, greens, and other types of root vegetables that they can immediately use as ingredients for their meals. It’s a true farm-to-table experience, except they’re staying on the farm.
- Dedicate at least one area for fitness and inundate it with basic workout equipment. This area or room will make it more attractive for health buffs who don’t want to neglect their workout routine during their vacation.
- If you must have a pool, make sure that you use an organic balance for its maintenance. Use traditional swimming pool acid to clean your pool. Make sure to follow the guidelines because some ingredients could cause a wide array of reactions when they come into direct contact with our bodies. Look for an organic pH control system, which could be a safer and healthier way to keep the pool clean, blue, and crystal clear.
- Since health is so much more than just about our physical being, you can also dedicate some rooms or spaces in the property where your guests can have a relaxing time with a good book and a cup of tea. It can also be a place where families can gather to talk or kick back with an uplifting movie.
- For their spiritual health, you can also incorporate a gazebo where they can pray or do some meditation. Just make sure the space is neutral and free of visible religious imagery so that people of all faiths can practice their spirituality. It can also be a quiet place where they can let go of their worries, so that’s good for their mental health as well.
Maximize the location
If your property is in the mountains or somewhere with a gorgeous view, use nature’s gifts to your advantage. Make sure that the home is as open as can be, with floor-to-ceiling windows that provide a clear view of the lake, mountain, sea, woods, or wherever the property may be. Opening up the home also instantly makes it energy-efficient because the tenants don’t need to rely too much on electricity as a source of light.
Making sure that the property reflects its surroundings also makes your guests feel like they are 100 percent immersed in their vacation, so it’s important to capitalize on your state’s natural gifts. For example, if the property is by the beach, a subtle nod to coastal design might be a wonderful way to give your guests the escape they so long for. Make sure to get in touch with local creatives to help you find furnishings that can help reflect your state’s culture and terrain.
Invest in the facade
Often, property developers don’t place as much weight on the facade as they do on the interiors. And it makes sense since tenants spend the majority of their time inside the property, not outside of it. But if you truly want your Airbnb to stand out, investing in its curb appeal is key. It doesn’t even need to be a massive or grand design; you need to find ways to make it more unique, like painting the door an offbeat color or adding some wall vines to give your property an edge over its neighbors.
Since more and more people are hopping on planes, going on vacations, and choosing Airbnbs over hotels, now is a good time to capitalize and be where the action is. A pretty house comes a dime a dozen, so choose design ideas that will help your listing stand out from others.