Mixers are a great way to network and build rapport with colleagues. However, your typical hotel banquet hall is just not going to cut it. You need to show off your company’s unique sense of style. That way, you can show to fellow industry leaders and colleagues your products and services to help establish your name and get your company name out there.
With that said, in this article, you’ll learn five unique places to hold a business mixer and what you need to prepare to ensure everyone has a great time:
What You Need to Prepare
There’s a lot of logistics involved in organizing a business mixer, but it’s worth it in the end. Whether you’re doing a themed event or just having a get-together, you’ll need to prepare for these six things:
- Invitations: Your invitations are what’s going to determine who shows up and who gets out of your way. Don’t forget the Make sure you send them out enough in advance and let people know if it’s a themed event so that they can dress up accordingly.
- Decorations: The theme or location of your mixer is what’s ultimately going to set the tone for it, so make sure you go all out. This includes everything from banners to customized napkins.
- Catering: Make sure you get plenty of finger foods and drinks. You need to keep everyone happy so that your guests don’t have to leave for any reason.
- Entertainment: The entertainment can be anything from a band to high-energy speakers. Luxury cars or food trucks are also great ideas if you’re holding the mixer at an elegant location.
- Safety and Security: You might think this isn’t something you need to plan for, but you never know who’s going to show up. Make sure you hire enough security staff to help keep the peace and prevent any incidents from taking place. Also, following health protocols, make sure to provide enough trash cans, hand sanitizers, and other restroom essentials.
- Location: Deciding on a venue is an essential step in making sure everyone has a great time. You’ll want to get that out of the way as soon as possible so that you have time to plan the decor around the venue.
Five Unique Venues for Your Business Mixer
Now that you’ve accomplished all the details regarding your mixer’s logistics, here are five unique places where you can hold a business mixer:
1. Experience the Great Outdoors in a Canopy Loft
You want people to relax, so why not have a party in a cozy loft where people can kick up their feet and discuss the latest industry trends? Plus, this is ideal for business meetings because your colleagues can also get to know each other outside of work.
2. Feel the Bracing Ocean Breeze
Sure, you can take your colleagues and supplies to a day at the beach, but why not take it up a notch? There’s nothing that can compare to waves crashing under your feet, and hiring a luxury boat is the most luxurious way to take people out on the water and enjoy the evening. Your guests can experience luxury without having to go too far from land. With a unique party boat, your guests will be able to network with each other while enjoying gorgeous views of the sunset.
3. A Night Out in the City at a Jazz Bar
Who says you need open space to get creative? Why not plan an outing at a jazz bar downtown where you can get creative with your company’s next project over drinks and dancing? People will remember your mixer as a night to remember.
4. High-class Fun at a Driving Range
Why not hold a business mixer on the driving range for those who enjoy sports and want to network with others in the community? You can have exciting competition, introduce new products and services to prospective customers, and you’ll have a great time. Better yet, you can also organize a charity drive and give back to the community while having fun.
5. Getaway to the Mountains for an A-List Event
Planning out of town does not mean you need to leave your business behind. Have a mixer at your favorite ski resort where you can meet with clients or potential clients and speak about various projects in the works. It will be exciting, thrilling, and relaxing to enjoy skiing, luxury accommodations, fine dining, luxury spa treatments, and more.
Mixers are a fantastic way to get the word out about what you have going on at your company. These events are also a perfect opportunity to network with colleagues and prospective customers outside of work. But whatever your reason, it’s an ideal excuse for some luxury and show your team how much you appreciate them.